Skip to Search

Skip to Content

Getting a Tax Refund?

Getting a Tax Refund This Year? Do the Right Thing and Buy Term Life Insurance

You May Want to Consider Using Your Tax Refund
to Buy Life Insurance…

If you're one of the lucky ones who actually get money back from your tax return, you'll have to decide what you are going to do with the money.

A week long cruise sounds nice and so does a new car, but why not use the money to help protect your family's financial future with affordable and reliable Term Life Insurance ? For less than you pay for cable TV each month, you can help make sure that your spouse, children and other loved ones who depend on you financially will have support after you are gone.¹

Who Will be There for Your Loved Ones When You Aren't?

Ask yourself: If I died tomorrow, who would be there to help my family pay the mortgage, send my children to go to college, or cover the costs of my daughter's wedding? Without your income to support the family and others who depend on you, how would your loved ones get by and pay daily expenses?

A tax refund check, if used to purchase life insurance coverage, can help protect your family for years to come. It may not be as fun or exciting as a family vacation or some other fun trip, but it's the responsible thing to do.

Term life insurance is meant to help provide financial support for your spouse, children, or other loved ones whom you designate in the event of your death for a specified period of time, or "term." Typically, the term covered by the insurance ranges from 10 to 30 years and you can pick the length of time you will be covered.

Another benefit of Term Life Insurance is that it is generally less expensive than whole or permanent life insurance, which provides benefits for your entire life, regardless of when you die.
Whether you choose a term life insurance policy, a universal life policy, or accidental death coverage, using your tax refund to pay for insurance coverage just makes good sense.

1. All companies mentioned, their financial professionals and other representatives are not authorized to give legal, tax or accounting advice. For advice concerning your individual circum¬stances, consult a professional attorney, tax advisor or accountant.