Protection now. Money back later. We all recognize the need to provide life insurance protection for our families. Without it, the death of a loved one can have devastating consequences. Level premium life insurance is popular because it's a affordable way for families to protect their loved ones for a specified period of time. Fortunately, many families never need the death benefit.
With level premium insurance, as long as you pay your premium, the policy will pay the death benefit in the event you die. But did you know that for a slightly higher premium today, you can get the same guaranteed protection now, and get money back later?
AG ROP Select-a-Term¹ is insurance that pays your premiums back at the end of the level premium period you select. As long as you live to the end of the term, you have the option to get your money back: guaranteed and tax free.1 And, your cash value continues to grow as long as you pay your premiums. It's guaranteed insurance protection with a payback at the end. It's affordable. And it's underwritten by American General Life Insurance Company - a company you know will be there when your family needs it.
Return of Premium Benefits:
- Solid coverage for the term you select - 17 different term periods, all the way up to 35 years (depending on your age when you buy the policy)
- A fixed monthly premium that does not change during the selected term, even as you get older or if your health declines.
- Guaranteed full benefits to your loved ones if you should die. The money can be used for income replacement, household expenses, taxes, debts or dreams such as college tuition.
- At the end of the level premium period, you may choose to surrender your policy for cash value - guaranteed to be equal to the premium you've paid over the years. Or, you can take advantage of other options to extend your coverage.
- Guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Why wouldn't everyone choose Return of Premium term life insurance?
Not every carrier offers a policy that can return your term life insurance premiums. As a result, many people have never heard of this type of policy. Secondly, some people simply want a basic, affordable term life insurance policy. And for others, it doesn't fit their situation, needs or budget. Insurance coverage is a highly personal decision. Our licensed life insurance agents can provide you with information at no cost to help you decide what is right for you and loved ones.
1. Advertised American General Life AG ROP term life insurance: Policy Form #07007, issued by American General Life Insurance Company, Houston, TX. AG ROP Select-a-Term accumulates a cash value that starts no later than the fifth policy year. At the end of the level premium period, the cash value of the in-force policy equals the total of cumulative premiums paid, less any charges for substandard ratings and riders. If the client surrenders the policy, this amount is paid out, minus any outstanding loan balance. Alternatively, the same amount may be rolled into a permanent plan of insurance should the insured be eligible for and choose to exercise the conversion option. Coverage may also be continued beyond the level premium period by payment of increasing annual premiums, and the policy will continue to build cash value until the policy anniversary nearest the insured's 95th birthday when the cash value will equal the face amount of the policy. The cash value, minus any outstanding loan balance, will then be distributed as the endowment benefit if the policy is in-force and the insured is then living. The cash value and endowment benefit are subject to all terms and conditions detailed in the policy.
Reviews from Customers who Bought Insurance through AIG Direct
We think what our satisfied customers say about us in their life insurance reviews, says more than any advertising campaign ever could. A life insurance rating from customers is a great way to see what people really think about a company. The reviews you see below are from customers who purchased life insurance policies through AIG Direct.
After a customer buys life insurance from us we ask them for a review. We post all reviews unless their content is obscene, inflammatory or not factually accurate. We ask customers to rate our services and then produce an overall rating as shown below. We encourage you to read our life insurance reviews and see just how happy our customers are.